• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Fargo Moorhead North Dam project under way.

For those interested in the Red River Dam rehabilitation program the Fargo Moorhead North Dam project is under way.

I spent a hour or so watching the reconstruction process today, it is very interesting to see how they manage all that rock in flowing water. Well worth a look if you are in the area as the bulk of the project is yet to be finished.

The project is a part of a multi facetted program of rehabilitation to all existing low head dams that will also allow greater safety for the public as well as improved fish migration up and down the Red River. Several dams have already been completed and hopes are that all will be rehabilitated soon.

A very worthy project with many fine agencies and organizations involved in the planing and funding. The River Keepers for one have shown great insight and stewardship on the Red and they deserve a big hand for there contribution to this project and many others on the Red.

In my opinion this project will greatly improve the fishery as a whole in a short time.

I too saw that project underway and it looks great! I love what they did to it and how they redeveloped the old spillway. I felt the old spillway just trapped the fish from moving south, and was dangerous for everyone.

doubleUcubed

Back & CD, are there any photo's of the project in progress that some of us could view? Sounds like an interesting project that would help a lot of us understand what is going on up there and how it may/will affect water flow and the fishery as a whole. Thanks guy's!!

Man if I had a digital camera I sure would have documented the whole process.

But I did get a few pictures of the operation on film but have not developed the roll yet. When I do get them developed I will post a few on my web site.

IS THIS THE PROJECT ON NORTH BRODWAY IN FARGO OR THE PROJECT ON NORTH ELM STREET IN FARGO?

Just North of 12 Ave North in Fargo as it crosses the Red River or where 15th Ave meets the Red in Moorhead MN.

Look just North from the Toll Bridge as you cross the Red between Fargo & Moorhead and you will see the North Dam structure.

The North Dam reconstruction project is back under way.

The DNR crew where working closely with the construction crew in placement of the HUGE rock that will make up the weir winds off the dam.

The whole process is very interesting to observe. I foresee this as having many beneficial effects to the system as well as the North Dam fishing area itself.

It really look's good folks.

------------------
"Ed on the Red"
Backwater Guiding Service
[email protected]
fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red/

Well I was out to Christien Dam and Oxbow Dam today.

All I managed to do was fall down the steep bank at Oxbow.

Man I'm glad nobody seen that act of grace!

Homer Simpson couldn't have done it better, I'm telling ya.

Got good and muddy, and yes, I think it will leave a mark or two.

No fish, just mud.

smile.gif

NOTE TO SELF: Ice and mudd are very slippery stuff.

Scoot

I was down there the other night checking it out and it looked pretty dang good. Not only will it likely have a very beneficial effect on the fishery, but it also greatly reduces the risk associated with dams- hopefully no real risk for any drownings anymore.
Any hot reports from the Red lately?
Scoot