• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fished the Red from the Convent Landing in south Fargo last night and tonight. The water temperature is 77 and the cats are starting to bite. We have had luck using goldeye cutbait. The cats seem to be in the main channel even though the water is high and the current is fast. I would expect the catfishing to continue to improve over the next week or two. Bruce

Bruce did ya see my rig at the ramp?

I went up the Red to the Wild Rice and up into it and snooped around the day before yesterday. Found a few 5-7 lb class fish and a lot of floating logs.

I am getting faster at shanging shear pins EH!

smile.gif

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson
Backwater Guiding Service
10409 Co. Rd #17 S
Horace, ND. 58047

[email protected]

1-(701)-281-2300

BWE,

These fish you're catching right now- are they probably post-spawn fish? Seems like a quick spawn if they are, but then again the temp. did change pretty abruptly.
Scoot

Scoot I suspect they are in waves moveing into the tribs, and out again.

I have yet to clean a cat this month so I can only say that they look sorta chubby for post spawn.

I have seen some males that also look as if they were caved up and all done with spawn and just came out to feed, darn skinny looking.

With the water high and the temp just heating up maybe they are slow to finish up?

I am not sure, but the big cats are sure hard to find yet!