• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The fishing on the Ottertail River system has been very good! Small Mouth Bass and walleye seem to be eager to please from the Orwell Dam to the Red.

Remember there are special conservation regulations in effect on the Ottertail so bone up on the laws in the MN rules and regs so not to get in a situation were you may get ticketed. Page 41 of the regs I believe deals with the special conservation rules on the Ottertail River.

Them SB Bass are a hoot to catch as are the cats and walleye anglers are finding eager to feed.

Good fish'n & have a Happy Holiday!

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

Ed: Could you please tell me how to get to the Orwell dam, and is there a plce to put a boat in . I am interested in fishing for some smallies c/r with my 2 boys . I don't know this area very well and any info. would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Orwell Dam is just SE of Fergus Falls MN and a map of the area is avalable on the DNR web site in the Lake finder section.

The area just below the dam is a very rocky section of river fit more for a canoe then any motorized boat. Shore fishing is the ticket or by canoe on this stretch.

The Orwell Lake has a launch and is a interesting impoundment but I have fished the main lake very little, I like the river myself.

Jigs and leaches are doing well as are minnows and crawlers. Floating jigs tipped with a leach were hot this week for walleye and bass.

A very nice area with plenty to offer!

Good luck, hope you do well, let us know how you do.

BE.....><,,>

I LOVE FISHING ORWELL. WALLEYE,CHANNELS,SMALLIES,NORTHERN, AND ROUGH FISH KEEP YOU BUSY MOST TIMES. I GET LOOKS FROM PEOPLE WHEN I'M WALKING AROUND IN MY WADERS BUT YOU JUST GOTTA KNOW WHERE YOUR STEPPING. I HOPE THE ARMY FINISHES UP THIS YEAR WITH THEIR LITTLE PROJECT UP THERE!
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......