• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

The walleye are done spawning, at least the walleye that were able to are done.

The water temp was as high as 61 but the last shot of rain and clouds drooped it a bit.

Post spawn mails are on the feed again but the females are tough to locate and get to bite as of yet. The early morning and night bite has been the best in my region.

The water clarity has improved dramatically this past week and I would classify it as about normal for the Red right now. There still is a lot of flow in the channel that is forcing fish to the ledges so concentrate on the break or on protected sand flats at dusk.

Jigs tipped with live bait has been the best yet with some crankbait action starting to produce during the daylight hours. Rattle Trap's and Rattle Rap's in shad and silver blue patterns are a good bet closely followed by #11 Husky Jerks or Bomber Long A's in similar patterns. Concentrate on shoreline structure were the walleye can hang off the current. They are in a resting mode following the spawn so they are not overly aggressive, keep your presentations slow and near the bottom.

Catfish should be ready to rock very soon on the Red. Some fat cats are showing up already on snags and inside bends on cutbait soured a good day in a pail. White suckers is a very good choice for soured baits as they stay well on a hook even if they are a bit soft. Scale the suckers and dice then in 1-2" sections and toss them in a 1 gal. sealed pail for a day. But don't place them in direct sunlight or they will over sour and get to mushy. Fresh cut goldeye is a good choice as well as big gobs of crawlers set on slip rigs. Sour baits would definitely be my first choice!

Boat ramps are a mess in the region as of this week but I expect that the Fargo/Moorhead Parks Department if properly motivated by a few 100 phone calls may just try to get them in a usable condition.

Post flood has a lot of work piled up for them guys so if they do not know that anglers are in need of the ramps they won't put them too high on the list of things to do. So a friendly call would help that I suspect?

That's all for now, have a good weekend & good fishing.

------------------

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 05-13-2001).]

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the info. I think mebe midweek will be fishable. You could get in the channel with lengthy casts but doubt a person could get the line back in because of the rifraf.

I think I'll check out the midtown and North dams today and see what they look like. It won't be long now. I'll let you know tonight or tomorrow what I find out.

Here Piggy Piggy.

Later
Fred