• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report: Red River headwaters Region

Does anyone know were the Phelps (Felps) dam is? A buddy told me about it, but I don't know where it is. It sounds familiar... I think I've heard of BWE talking about it (maybe), but I don't remember anything about it.
What are water conditions like there now? Is it really bucking like everywhere else?

Does anyone know the river temp right now in the Fargo area?
Scoot

SCOOT
SHSHSHSH..........NICE AREA, PHELPS MILL DAM IS JUST WEST OF OTTER TAIL LAKE AND NORTH OF HWY 1. ITS PART OF THE OTTER TAIL RIVER. YOU'LL NEED WADERS OR A CANOE AND SHORE FISHING WORKS TOO. I LIKE PULLING CRAPPIES OUT FROM RIGHT UNDER THE MILL HOUSE.
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Does anyone have a river level forecast? How much is it supposed to drop over the next few days and weeks? A buddy of mine has been feeding me bogus info. about how the river level will be doing all kinds of crazy stuff over the next two weeks. I don't think his info is accurate, but I have no reports to say he's wrong.
Scoot

The Red here in the headwaters section is falling and will fall much more in the next 3-4 days.

Rain fall will make a difference but it should be on the fall in the Fargo/Moorhead region too.

Check in with the http://srv1dndbmk.cr.usgs.gov/public/realtime/rt_red_river.html site daily to see what the real time data is. Works much better then rumors, what you see is what you get.

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 04-28-2001).]