• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

At the moment ice on the Red North of lockport towards the big lake is ready to fish. Reports however have been coming in to suggest that water levels are exremely high (nearing high water mark!) and that anglers must take extreme care when venturing out on the ice. Current is actually "eating" ice from below..... A few big green backs were taken last weekend 32" and a 34" by Ron Gaucher and his friends --- but he's an intrepid angler. I on the other hand decided to venture west and had a superb (but bittterly cold) day on Lake Dauphin. We stopped counting eyes after 40 and we left when we ran out of big chubs.. The wind chill was at -57C which is actually colder than -62F (remember after -40C becomes colder than F). Nonetheless I expect the bite to be as good up there until after christmas.. Maybe the Red will get some attention next weekiend.... regards Dan Cat Eye Outfitter http://www.geocities.com/dkiazyk2000

Hay Dan, Wuuuzzzzup?

I have heard from other anglers in the area that the ice pack is a worry and treacherous. Sure hope we have a slow spring melt!

I have received a few other reports of SUMO PIGGY walleye near the end of the road. This gets me a bit nervous and I feel the pull north again getting strong. I will see how the weather is over the X-mass holiday, don't look good by the forecast.

Keep us posted to the ice conditions and how the bite set's up in the future in your area. We appreciate it, Thank's.

Be well and Happy Holiday's to you and yours.

BE..........><,,>

(Daniel Kiazyk is a good man on the lower Red and a fine choice for a guide if anyone is looking to Canada for a outstanding cat trip.)

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
"ED ON THE RED"
1-701-671-3079