• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Rampage is just AWESOME by all accounts! I have been chained down here stateside and unable to road trip North but not for long! Just can't take it anymore!!

Friends from points south caught and released 12 over 12 and a 14 and more 8-10's then I care to think about right now!

OK-so if you were not restless before chances you are NOW! I run out of fingernails last Monday!

For a good view of the region check this link, very good satellite shots of the area!

If anyone dare's a peek?

Don't say I didn't warn ya! It will get ya!

http://www.satelliteimpressions.com/winnipegriver/

BE...........><,,>

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 10-09-2000).]

The Rampage continues! But big wind means big boat action is safest!

With wild wind and high rollers the mouth of Traverse bay is home to piggy's of the high sea's of Lake Winnipeg, not for the faint of heart!

Big fish are in but the wind blew me off big time, so off to the Red at Selkirk I went.

Fishing was fair, fewer piggy's but many smaller fish. Sauger were every place and a bit pesky!

No records for me this trip but it was a fun and exciting effort, 13 was my top on cranks in less then 8 ft. at night. Also landed a 18 lb. drum, she darn near gave me a heart attack! Thought it was a walleye up to the last! MAN?

Hope to get up there again but got some very interesting tips on the PIGGY'S of first ice!

More 16's are caught through the ice then any other time, and first ice near X-mass is best if you know were to go! I got the poop from some very nice locals who clued me in, I'll be back!

Be well........(BE)............><,,>