• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This weekend seen some piggy action in the North & South Dam's.

I seen 3 walleye in the 8-10 lb. class caught on chub's in the North Dam area. (All but one released.)

Hickson Dam was good too, frog's made the grade there with a 10 lb. class walleye released. (ATA-Boy MARK!!)

PLEASE consider a replica mount, or a picture for the wall over a "DEAD mount" fish!

Experance the thrill, NO THE RUSH, of releasing these wonders of nature!

Next season she will be even BIGGER!

I have been asked often....How do you catch a trophy 12-14 lb Walleye?

My answer is always the same.....

"By releasing the 8-11's!"

Backwater Eddy............><,,>

------------------
"Backwater Eddy"
Backwater guide service
"Ed on the RED"
[email protected]
701-671-3079

Due to work on dams on the Otter Tail and few rains the Red has dropped greatly in the past day and will more so in the Fargo area by tomarrowe!

I did well on walleye just below dams today on Husky jerks, very nice looking walleye!

Fish will be pooled up tell the river rises again.

ED

"DANGER!! DRAW DOWN ON BOTH END'S"

They have shut down the flow on the headwaters of the Red as of yesterday so the Red is VERY LOW in the Wahpeton to Fargo region! Very dangerous to boating! River run is 6" and falling yet!

If they open the gate's up at the other end ( St. Andrews Dam) as planned there will be nothing but a puddle of mud were the Red used to be!

I hope they get there poop in a group on the water regulation of the Red! If the Corp keeps the gates closed on this end from the Otter Tail and we see no rain soon this will be a bad deal for the walleye this winter on the Red!

Someone best get this ##$ dam $%%#^ ##### straight before this is a tragedy!

P-OD
frown.gif
Backwater Eddy!

Ed, how do you fish with Husky Jerks below the dams especially the north Fargo dam without constantly getting snagged? I was out in my boat last night from the Johnson Park landing to the North Dam and have never seen the Red so low. The average depth was only about 4 feet and it made for some difficult boating. Bruce

LOW-you ain't seen nothing yet Bruce!

It will fall more for you soon!

I keep cranks in areas I can trust, North Dam is a snake pit for cranks! I seldome throw them there, too risky with all the old line out there. But you will be able to walk across that area by tomarroe! Go find a few cranks then?

It was still dropping today!

Man it is low!

Bad deal!

• 2 weeks later...

OK- Red River Rats, it's time to ROCK!

Walleye action is on the go, so getty up and herd them out!

Past few days have seen great walleye action in the Fargo to Wahpeton section with great action also reported from Fargo North.

Cranks like Black/White #8 Shad Rap's were my best yesterday. I caught 2-30" type Sumo Piggy's yesterday, one at Hickson Dam the other at points South.

Seen several anglers with feeder piggy's and one angler with a solid 7 lb. piggy at Christine Dam. Suckers were the ticket there, big suckers!

I am of to work the Red on creel survey again today and will keep my eye's open to changes and new hot spots.

Remember to practice selective harvest, please release the larger fish as they are not quality table fare and to get 14's remember you need to release lots of 8-10's!

Good Hunting!

BE.....................><, ,>

------------------
"Backwater Eddy"
Backwater guide service
"Ed on the RED"
[email protected]
701-671-3079

PSSST--Try the South Dam, MN side near dam in the backwater! Husky's & T-Stick's were very hot at dark and just after past few nights!

Keep them slow and near the foam line!

smile.gif

BE............><,Go PIGGY"S,>

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 10-15-2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Fishing is not hot but the big walleye are very cool!

Seen a few 28-30" walleye over the past few day's, and all were released, good job guy's & gall's!

Crank's are good but jig's tipped with large minnow's seem to be more productive as water temp's fall.

River levels are extremely low and few anglers are out on the Red in boats as landings become difficult to use or unsafe. Some landing's drop off quickly so be careful while launching!

Shore angling seems to be a good bet near major wintering hole's or dam's. Be careful as the rock's are slippery with moss and the steep muddy banks can act like a slide with leaves on your shoes, muddy, wet and cold don't sound like fun at all!

Lot's of good fishing left!

Be safe and Enjoy!

BE.......><,,>

• 2 weeks later...

Look for the rivers to rise due to good rains.

Check on the feeder creeks and rivers that feed the Red the walleye will be moveing up them soon!

BE.....><,,>