• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Red Lake River report

Well the river is up quite a bit and the flow is pretty hard.. however the water is very dark, causing the Eye bite to be quite slow for now.. the cats are still eating good.

a few more days like today and the water will start to clear up and the Eyes will be feeding up good.

This late water rise is good to allow the fish to come up into the dam area for the fall, now they can get over the wonderful rock dams.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Fishing has been kinda rough for us lately. Nothing really biting except when you seem to catch one fish you catch a lot. My buddy did get a 12.4 lb kitty the other night on my rod. Figured I would be nice and help a person out and hand my rod off and I look back and he's got a fish on. Dang Lucky Dog. I was shocked it bit on a Crawler Jig. That night was a lot of fun and we caught a lot of fish but no walleye's. Anyone else having any luck?

Good Luck Fishing!

• 4 weeks later...

Well still nothing new to report here.. pretty cold water temps.. The eyes are not in here like normal thanks to the river projects going on here. I hear there is supposed to be a meeting held soon about all the questions and concerns about filling in the wintering hold at the dam and fixing the wind dams to allow boat traffic through them.

Keep your fingers crossed for us. We dont want to loose an awesome fishing resource.