• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well folks the fishing has been real off and on here.. with the cold nights and up and down water levels the fish dont know what to do.... Evenings have been the best as of late...

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Evening fishing has been real good.. Getting some real nice cats and Walleyes.

Even the day fishing is picking up a bit.. Frogs are the #1 food now.. find frogs and you will catch fish..

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

The Catfishing has been really good on the Red the past couple weeks on spots to the north in MN. Fish switched bigtime to frogs a couple weeks back, though I'm still getting one here and there on the cutbaits. Smallest in the 4 recent trips I've ran out there....26 inches, average fish is running around 32-33 inches and we're getting quite a few over the 3 foot mark. Typical September bite up around these parts, my favorite month for Cattin! Afternoon, evening, it don't seem to matter these days as these fish are feeding bigtime, so when you least expect it.....expect it! Nice Walleye are starting to show up more and more too.

BIG fish on a BIGTIME bite, I love the Red in September!

Regards....Fisky

Flashman, Ike and I are heading out on the RLR today after goose hunting all morning.. We will give a report when we get back..

Water levels look pretty good for now.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Wiskers, I'm anxious to know how you did, especially honker hunting? They are starting to be seen overhead here, heading south. I'm also seeing a lot more duck action of teal and mallards on LOW.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Rising water over the past week at the 175 bridge area made the Cats go even crazier then they had been the past couple of weeks. Was out that way thursday and saturday and the Cat bite is superb....Lot's of fish of all sizes eager to bite your frog!

Put a post up this evening on the Red river forum in regards to this area, will get some pics up there soon.

Regards....fiskyknut

Well I haven't had any luck with any cats but did have a little fun this afternoon. Decided I would try it tonight to kick back from everything. Well started off trying for a cat but didn't have any luck and Rusty yelled at me to change my technique so I decided to throw a jig and crawler. First fish was about a 3 pound small mouth which was a lot of fun. Acouple minutes later I hooked a fish when it decided to leave shore I saw the side of it MUSKIE. 100% sure it was a muskie. Yelled at Rusty and he landed the boat on shore and came over with the net. Ran all over the river and had it come into shore acouple times and even got it to surface once. Head was wider then my thumb to pinky distance. Finally after about 20 minutes the good ol 6 pound test mono stretched through and the fish took off. That was a lot of fun. Can't believe I had it even bite was even more PO'ed when the line broke. That is my fishing story for the night. Muskies 2 - Fishin' Man 0. They are still winning. Good luck fishing.

Fishin' Man

Well that was a great story, however it was much more exciting than the story leads us to believe.. I broke a sweat just standing next to him... LOL... It was a real nice fish.. My guesstimate was at least 40+". It has at least a 10" tail fin.. wow that was fun to watch..

That makes 7 Muskies caught in this river just this summer.. All of the ones I know of were caught on a jig.... Now is that odd or what for Muskies..

I caught a few cats today and a few Eyes.. Bite was real slow and they bit in spurts. Then the storm moved in.. I was parked in the white water below the dam, noisy, did not hear the thunder until it was on top of me.. Beat feet for the landing, 50+mph over the rock dams and to the landing.. Raining so hard I could not see the truck from shore. Just got the boat on the trailer and headed for home.. was turning into town when the lightning hit a tree off to my right. Right along the golf course, about 1/4 mile away.. Holy smoke.. nearly crapped my drawers....
Ears are still ringing.. Blew wood shards all the way across the road...

River is going up already... Bet the fishing will be tough for the next few days after that. But seeing yet another Ski caught, one just cant not go try again tomarrow.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Well we fished Tues from 7:00 am to 8:00 Pm. Most of the cats came from about a foot of water along the shores.. Snags were only producing a fish now and then. Them cats were holding tight to the shore line.

About 20-21 cats throught the day, biggest were around 11.6#.

The Eyes should be picking up here real soon.. I am going to have to get out and hunt for some monster Eyes real soon.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442