• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just did some fishing on Pine Lake this past Wed. and caught numerous amounts of northerns. And one 16" walleye. Was the walleye a fluke or is there a certain way to catch more in these shallow waters?

Good for you. I have fished Pine Lake with very little in the way of eye's. The walleye that I have caught on Pine Lake have come at dusk. I will usually troll shallow running cranks just as the sun sets. It seems no matter what I do before sunset, I can't keep the pike off. But it seems that when it starts getting dark the pike stop and the walleye come out and feed near the surface for a short time. So this is the only way I have been able to catch walleye on Pine Lake. The eye's I have caught are all nice. the biggest being 27" and the smallest just under 20". I've also heard that using a slip bobber on the shallow bars at night also works, but have never tried.

Good Luck...

------------------
CatMan

• 3 weeks later...

Where is this Pine lake? I fished a pine lake out towards Bagley area during the winter and got a nice one I was just wondering where this pine lake was located at.

Yep, thats the one...
I have never went ice fishing there, but have thought about it many times.

------------------
CatMan

I got a 29 1/2 inch 8.65 pound walleye during the winter out there up shallow. The walleyes were hiding in the weeds during the day and were moving out of them towards evening. I have only fished the lake once. Did notcie there where a lot of little northerns though. Can't help ya out any more.