• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM gathering in Crookston roll call....

I am looking for feedback for an FM gathering in Crookston this summer.. I am thinkging July 10th weekend. Fishing the Redlake river or Red River. Pending on water available in the rivers boats and shore fishing will be a great adventure..

If the river is anything like last year we should have a great place to have a gathering below the dam.

Crookston has a great park for camping along the river and several hotels and motels.. for preferred rates just tell them Wiskers sent you.. The Northland Inn and AmericInn are your best deals.

looking for feedback and ideas for this event to get them city slickers out of the metro up to the boondocks.. lol lol.. Small boats and River Pro's welcome if we use the Red Lake River... I will keep posted on water levels... ...

Let me know your thoughts...

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Wiskers,

I am looking forward to it. I make a few trips every spring and summer to play with the cats but it will be fun to spend some time with people that really know the river and where the big ones lay.

Awesome........ can't wait for summer.. Hope to see ya there..

I have been on the river all day today.. no fishing but was thinkig about it..

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River, Red Lake River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

• 4 weeks later...

Lets try to have one in the fall also, once i get back to school!! I would love to make it to the summer one, but work and racing kind of restricts it.....

Well when it comes to cats.. July is almost fall... August is mostly the last good month of catting.. then it is down hill from there..unless the weather keeps the water warm a bit longer but Sept. is most of the time the end.. at least up here any how..

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Thats what i hear too, but i never have fished any earlier than sept for them......

July 10th is the Strieff's summer tourney date on LOTW this year so no way I'll be able to make it down south if it's then. Darn.

fiskyknut

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here goes..
I have a buddy that is a DJ and the Northland Inn will let me use the main banquet room for a bash on Friday night the 9th, and if we get enough fellas that are staying at the Inn she will also give us the hospitality room for Sat. night with a bar.
So the big Q. is if enough FMers are going to make it up here I will set it up so we can get great rates for rooms at the Northland Inn, with Restraunt, bar and pool..Dance Fri night and some good beverages then we can fish Sat.
With or with out boats this will be a great weekend of fishing....
I need to get an idea on how many fellas are going to be here for sure on Fri.. Heck we can fish Fri and Sat.. Just let me know what you all think.
Rick>>>>>>>>>>
Let me know if we can get some items like we did on the Shue this winter..I will work on some local stuff also.
Got fingers crossed for good weather that day..
PASS THE WORD............................

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

• 1 month later...

Wiskers, Good article in the Crookston paper. I hope it brings out alot of fisherpeople for the dance and fishing. If I'm in town next weekend I'll try to attend. Good luck.

IBOT #213

• 2 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

WOW,
talk aboutr a great time and super well organized event!!
Wiskers (Rusty) you did one heck of a job.

The catfishing was superb. Nice consistent bite.

The best part were the guys and gals who attended. We had three gals who stayed for most of the event.

They were Rachel, Bridey (sp), and Liz. You guys that have the admiration of these gals can be very proud of them. GREAT PEOPLE!

You guys were a whole lot of fun. I felt like I was in the guys bonding league. I go to a lot of gatheirngs and this is one of the best I've been to.

You were very informative allowing us to move up the learning curve very rapidly. Timdog it was especially great of you sharing your Goldeye secrets. Sorry for spooking your Goldeyes.

I want to thank Mark Edesvold and Liz Miller for the tasty fish fry.

Rusty, thanks again for making it possible to meet all the fine folks who attended this event. Those of you who didn't make it, it was your loss.

If you missed it, seriously consider the 2nd Annual Crookston FM Cat Family Gathering smile.gif

Rick,

Noticed you changed the name of this forum, I scrolled all the way down to where it normally is and it was gone.

Thanks for putting Crookston on the map!