• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been fishing on Union lately ?? going to my cabin and looking for any reports.

I have done quite well there in the past. Seems the walleyes hang pretty deep and the pike can be huge!!! Caught a 42 " last summer. Lets talk Union Lake fishing!!!!!!

Ok, I will talk to myself. Usually fish off of Springs point on the big lake and do well in the evenings and after dark. Big sucker minnows off the dock have produced also. Maybe I will throw a milk jug out with a big minnow and find it in the morning.

Tundra,

I can't stand to see you have a conversation with yourself. I would like some tips on walleye/pike/crappie for Union.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Yeah, where is the best place to find some craps on Union? I've never fished the lake more than a couple of times.

I've had some terrific outings on Union over the years. It's a terrific big bass and pike lake, as well as walleyes and some good panfish when you can find em'.

I had my best fishing back before they created the new lake drainage. I've cauaght many pike over 10 lbs. and numerous 3-4 lb. bass, and I've hooked and lost more than one pike in there that I'm sure were pushing 20 lbs..

I miss fishing Union Lake! It's kind of an unrecognized gem of a lake. Beautiful shorelines, losts of wild game, and great fishing, and very little fishing pressure considering how Maple gets hit just a few miles away.....

Union is a good lake to fish. If you don't know the lake you should have a map! Lots of structure. When I fished it we caught some nice eyes! When people are deer hunting that is the best time for the eyes. Never fished for anything else so I can't help you out. Geesh haven't been fishing in a few years so there should be lots of fish for you guys. The ones we threw back should be picture takers now. If you go there I think the people at Lake Sarah resort should be able to clue you in to whats going on at Union?
Crappies are usualy pretty decent if you find them of what I hear.

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

When I was in school up at Crookston we always ice fished for bluegills in Union - we had some great days out there, but it seems like the blugills get overlooked by most of the locals - we caught some monsters too!!

FI

Well so far Union and Sarah are both picking up pretty well. The pike are doing very well. Mr. Walleye is like always a bit shy, but that could be just my boat. They seem to recognize my hull and run scared, LOL ....

Lake Sarah has real good pike and Walleye when trolling infront of the cabins to the left of the landing.

Union can be real good if you know where the natural springs are, they seem to like to feed in them areas. Some you can see from shore as you troll by, others are under water but when you get into the fish, mark it and chances are you found one. Try the small bay early in the season.

Good luck.
Rusty

Thanks for the info Rusty. Since my boat is up at LOTW, I'm without one, got any ideas who's boat I could jump in??? grin.gif

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Hey buddy we are heading up to Stu's on Wed. next week..... I only got one going so far.. lol .........wooooooohooooooooo cant wait..

I always got room for fishing..

Rusty

• 2 weeks later...

Rusty,

Have you come and gone already to Lockport? How about a report? I'll post over on the Canada forum too.

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"