• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Finally picked up that Zip you were talking about. small perch. its about an inch long. How do you suggest to use it? I tried it for a few secs. to see how it works. Seems you really have to rip it for it to vibrate. Also, how do the fish at LOW respond to it. I assume that they will come in to look at it. Do you then stop and dangle it? Slowly lift and see if they follow it? Which hook do you bait?

Thanks for the help.
Decoy

Decoy, this is the way I've been working them...minni. head or tail on the front hook (try and get it parallel to the blade/body) lift it so you can just feel the vibes about 1 1/2 ft. then slowly follow it down with the rod tip, most,not all, I've caught have hit it on the way down. I've watched fish come up from the bottem to look at it sometimes 3 or 4 ft. The vibes def. get their attention! I've got most of mine in 3/8 or 1/2oz. Just picked up a couple 1/4oz. yesterday. I think this size might be better. "there's always room for more tackle".

------------------
Old Guide Charters
Lake of the Woods
http://fishingminnesota.com/oldguidecharters/
Call Toll Free:1-800-952-(9484)