• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

We're all deadweights

Every light bulb is lit except for ours. Are you all at LOW? Don't blame you. I fished the bridge Friday night. I graphed fish numberous times, but only got one northern to bite. This was all after dark. I'll be heading down to Maple in the next week or two. I'll let you know how I do.

Lip Ripper, I think I've figured you out. In fact, I Know you. Your head coach REALLY knows me. He fealt my butt every play in high school football. We went fishing at UNION last summer. If memory serves, you caught all the fish, but the lake took your sunglasses and our anchor.

If you are who I think you are, I stop at your neighbor's house every morning that I drive to school. AM I right or what?

Boy this will really be embarassing if you're somebody else.

By the way, my buddy caught a walleye and a northern by the bridge Thursday. He released them. THEY ARE STILL DOWN THERE! Go get'em

Crappie Killer, what do you normally fish out of on Maple/Union? I'll look for you. Nice post on the Canada thread!

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

Once the season settles in it gets pretty
quiet here. There are many many excellent
opportunities on the rivers near town (take
a tour and see the locations of fishhouses).

The local fishers who put in the time to
stay in touch with the fish will do pretty well all winter. There are times the river
will give up the fish to everyone but the
dead of winter isnt one of them.

Do the work, reap the benifits. Good Fishin

Curt Quesnell

Hey, Crappie Killer. I don't really want to hear how Mac grabbed your butt in high school but I'm sure he enjoyed it. Yep, Union took my sunglasses and my hat. We'll have to do that again sometime. Keep in touch.

Lip, you coach fb. I trust you realize how personal the center/quarterback relationship can be smile.gif I'm sure he'll tell you it was quite a treat!

Good Luck

Hemlock, yes my in-law's have a cabin on Union, so I'm there quite often. I really enjoy that lake, especially on a weekday. I only get to Maple and Sarah a couple times a year. Have the crappies been biting on Maple yet?

Mac always said he would have went to state that year had it not been for his lack of concentration from staring at your a--.

The guys I know, myself included, generally don't keep any. Usually I don't catch enough in an afternoon to make it worth my time. Even if I did catch a bunch, I don't know if I would. The fish aren't glowing or anything, but a lot of farm chemicals find there way to the Red.That's a good question to ask, I've wondered how many fish are kept/released too.

I've still got a bunch of LOW walleye I got to eat yet! Hasn't it been fantastic up there?

Last year I heard reports of guys taking over 100 walleyes by themself through the ice. I don't totally agree with it but to each their own I guess. They are fine to eat though.

Lip Ripper, I assume you are saying they caught and ate 100 walleyes over the course of the year? To each their own, as you say. I don't think I eat more than 20 walleys in a year (all LOW).

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"

I've heard stories like that also. That 3rd eyeball they grew looks nice smile.gif

Seriously, I guess I have eaten walleye from the river a few times, and can't tell the difference from LOW fish. It's probably all in my mind

I was told that a person shoudn't eat more than one meal of fish per month out of the "rivers" because of polutants. Makes sence because of all the fertilizers being used.

Crappie K, I have only been to Maple once early in the year. There was 10" of ice, so whenever that was. We didn't do very well, and I've been waiting for the action to pick up again before I head back out. Been busy with LOW in the mean time, can't complain there!

Do people eat many fish caught in the river, or is it all c & r?

------------------
Hemlock
"Throw'm back"