• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thief/Red lake rivers

muuzzleloading for deer has been cutting in on my early river fishing. By the looks of all the houses on the river the fish must be biting. Decoy, LipRipper, K2, Curt... report!

Just enough walleyes to keep it interesting with Lots of northerns to keep you busy. The best bite seems to be from 6:30 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. and from 4:00 until5:30 p.m. for walleyes and all day for pike. The latest I have heard of anyone catching eyes is 10.30 P.M.

I would have to say it has been consistent. The walleyes have been very nice. 3 pounds is not uncommon at all. There were a few 7 and 8 pounders caught around Thanksgiving. Trucks were driving on there this morning. Usually when the traffic picks up this fishing tails off . There is at least one 25 incher swimming with a rod in it's mouth from the Fargo area.

[This message has been edited by Lip RIPPER! (edited 12-10-2002).]

Early ice was good. Fish were biting great until the traffic started. Now, nothing but snot rockets. I have fished three nights in a row with little action on the vex, let alone on the rod. Sorry to say it but, the walleyes will be spotty from here on out. Yeah, you may catch a couple, but most of the fish coming through the holes from here on out are only good for the pickle brine. Still fun to wet a line and get the kids into ice fishing.
What about those jig o bits...

[This message has been edited by decoy (edited 12-10-2002).]