• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

river is hot again

I've not posted in awhile, but went out today up river lots of suckers and sheepshead like usual, plus bonus two little walleye's and one big fat 27 inch+ eye good fishing!! The eye's are biting, go gettem!! stiffrod.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Alright,
nice to see TRF coming back to life here. smile.gif

What about the Thief River? Is it too muddy or is it fishable? Longs bridge, Skumedahl bridge? Golf Course? Ditch 18? We were catching 12-14" crappies Trollin #5's this summer. Those fish gotta still be there, there isn't anywhere else to go. Are people even trying 8th street anymore?

Fished the river 3 times week and it was pretty decent. Somedays the river is really full of crap floating down the river and the next day it is pretty good. If you can keep your line clean, chances are you are going to get bit. I've been putting 2 split shots about 12 inches apart on my crank baits and jigs. This really helps. Fishing is only going to get better but you have to put your time in too!

[This message has been edited by Lip RIPPER! (edited 09-13-2002).]