• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If anyone knows of any opportuniites for an Electrical Engineer in the area please let me know. I wanna move north and get away from the city, I am open to anything related to engineering and product development.

My buddy is also looking for SAP positions in the area.

If you have any ideas on either please e-mail me.

Thanks
[email protected]

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 04-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 04-26-2002).]

• 2 weeks later...

Grabs,

Sorry this just sat there for a while but
I would have a hard time spelling electrical
engineer let alone knowing what one does.

I do know that quality skilled employees
are of value anywhere these days.

The City of Thief River Falls owns it own
electricity and has everything that is
required to maintain and control our power.

Digi-key is a world wide supplier of components for computer and electrical stuff.
they employ lots of people in related fields.

Up here just about everyone uses electricity
now a days.

There must be a statewide group of electrical
engineers or something on line that could
give you some leads.

If I wasnt real helpful sorry, I figured
someone should take a shot.

oh, by the way SAP?

Curt Quesnell

There may be some paycheck shock involved.
Thats the price you pay for living in paradise.

Thanks for the reply...I have done a lot of digging on my own, but as it turns out, the market is just simply in a down turn and everyone is trying to cut costs as much as possible. I have checked at Arctic Cat, they are looking for one EE with small engine design experience, Digi-key is looking more along the lines of High school, or 2 year degree people,...I am just not finding a match at this time. I think when the market turns, and places like Arctic Cat and Polaris start to see they need EEs to, not just MEs than there may be something up in paradise. I have no problem taking a cut to move up there, but to be honest from what I have seen the cuts in pay are not proportional to the cost of living, or housing. Housing is really the big one, I can't even get into anything here for less than 150, up there that gets me a dang nice place!

I am just looking and hoping to run across someone "on the inside" so to speak, that might have an opportunity for me. Until then or until the market turns, I will just keep my eyes and ears open.

Oh and SAP, I dunno, it is some sort of software system for database management or something like that,..I am not completely sure, everyone that deals with it knows what it is,...I haven't had the need to know yet.

Thanks for the response.

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 05-09-2002).]

Good luck,

But I know for a fact it has been many
MANY years since there were any Electric
Trains around here.

Curt Quesnell
(sorry)