• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anybody found any crappies in Thief River Falls this winter? I've tried a few times underneath the 8th street bridge at various times of the day, but caught nothing.

We've picked off a few here and there in the Highlanding and Kratka bridge area but for the most part it has been pretty slow. Things should start to pick up real soon though. Haven't fished 8th street for quite a while so I'm not sure if anything is happening there.

I tired by the Neptune bridge a couple weeks ago and the spot I wanted had too much ice. Do you fish for them out in the current? I tried but it wasn't very easy. No fish. But spring is coming.

Thanks for the replies. I think being the nice day that it is today, I'll give it another whirl this evening. I'll let you guys know how things turn out. Hopefully, it'll be good.

I was kinda wonderin' the same thing. About the winter crappies I mean. I would think if the fish are there in those kinda numbers you'd be able to find em' just outta the current on the edge of a quiet little bay or deep weed edge. There should be plenty of quiet water areas out by Highlanding and Kratka. They might even hang under the ice in the same areas you find em' in the spring. How big do these fish get? Average? Any real dandys?