• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

we have a winner!!!!!!!

Dave Sorenson wins the Angel Eyes this week
on FTW.....

Another dozen next week........

Curt Quesnell

You can have my Angel Eye minnow too and probably Jig O Bits too. I was not impressed by them. The old gold whistler out caught the Angel Eye 7 to 1. For $2.79 it should have slaughtered them!

I'll take the angel eyes. I still have room in my tackle box anyway. You can never have too many hooks.

I agree with wobbler. I have tried the Angel Eye in three different colors and two different sizes on the last three trips to the L.O.W. without any sucess. i was catching both saugers and walleyes on a varity of other jigging spoons.Maybe i was doing something wrong?

I need to apologize to Wobbler if I sounded
like a snot. The gold Whistler is very good
and has been for many years.

If any of you have tried an Angel Eye without lots of sucess I would suggest you
keep it in your tackle box for another day.

It all comes down to confidence in what you
are using and what your personal "go to"
baits and jigs are.

The first time I put an Angel Eye down the
hole (it was last year) I had a good Walleye
on within minutes. From that time, until two
weeks ago, I was never beat on numbers of fish either Walleyes or Crappies in over 30
trips. Finally a Northland Buckshot Rattle
Spoon beat me on Lake of the Woods. That
day things shut down for me at 2pm and I
couldnt catch my a** with both hands.

No lure or jig or bait will catch fish every
time. But for me the combination of the
Angel Eye Minnow and my Vexilar kept me
fishing every fish that swam near me. concentrating on only one line was also a
big help.

Now I have to dig out my gold Whistler Jigs
and try them the next time on Lake of the
Woods.

Thanks for your input Wobbler and RockRoll

Curt Quesnell

I can still hear the song in the morning. "PRETTY LITTLE ANGEL EYE" Singing that to your fishing partner will surely drive him nuts when you are outfishing him on that spoon. I've tried em without much success either. I guess everyone has the favorite spoons and jigs though.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I have to say the Angel Eye is not a magic bait.

However,
when it shines, it really shines. I've caught so many types of fish with it, it's a hard one for me to pass up.

Remember, it has a differant action then other lures and you would do well to sight jig with it for a bit to make it tantalize those walleyes.

If they're looking at the spoon and leaving, tie a dropper onto it to get them to bite (You're obviously attracting them, a toned down dropper is just the ticket to get them in the mood for a snack).

Hey...I've even caught monster Carp out of Mille lacs with it. Now that was a shock as well as one heck of a fight.

I was making a joke Curt about giving mine up. I agree with the responses on here. I have had little success at LOW with the angel eye. On LOW the weekend I tried the angel eye my fishing buddies were 100 feet away and we kept on singing that song. I know everyone on 16 that day heard us. I totally agree that certain lures on certain days will work. I have used it twice and had little success. I see lots of fish on the vex and was not getting any chasers. I put a buck shot or whistler on and wham they hit the bait hard. I am sorry Curt if you took offense to me ripping on them and I should not have done that. Maybe like Rockroll said maybe it is the operator! Everyone has their favorites. Mine used to be the pink and white wobber.

[This message has been edited by Wobbler (edited 03-07-2002).]

Thank you Wobbler..no offense taken.

What are we gonna talk about now?

Curt Quesnell