• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

lawman

I fished Cedar Lake for the first time on a very windy day on 9/27. I thought it was one of the prettiest lakes of its size I have ever been on. I even met a very nice Musky fishernman from Illinois at the landing. Is this lake considered a pretty good fishing lake or just nice to look at? We caught a few bass and pike. Bass is my favorite species but how is the walleye and Bass fishing on that lake?

united jigsticker

This is a very good multi-specie lake, and yes it is very pretty.

Bass, Pike, Crappies, Sunnies, Walleyes...they are all there in decent numbers, and size as well.

You may have hit it at a bad time, but I would suggest you don't overlook this body of water in the future, as the fishing can be as good as the scenery. smile.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Matt Breuer

My folks live out there and I've fished it for over 12 years now, it's a great lake, but it takes time to learn. The walleye out there are a great average size, but tougher to find, and the muskie are thick. Crappies are great out there if you know where to look. Pike and bass, all day my friend, go nuts!

------------------
------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
mjbreuer...at...paulbunyan.net

FM Sponsors

long caster

Question:

I have fished cedar a few time during the soft water, exclusively for muskies. Saw quite a few pigs but no biters...anyways was wondering how the ice fishing was on this lake (especially how the early ice is.) Not looking for spots but more of how the ice forms (there is a lot of deep water and neckdown areas that may take a while to freeze) Fish the area alot during first ice and this is one lake i would like to get out on..

Thanks for any info....

lawman

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is why I love this site.

Matt Breuer

Sorry for the late reply, I rarely check back here, though I should more often as it's my former stomping grounds, and I'm there monthly on an outdoor excursion.

Cedar in the Winter is great, but it took us years to figure it out. You can fish with the crowds and catch little crappies all day, but you REALLY need to search if you're going to do well. There are a lot of points and deep holes that hold fish, and good numbers.

You're right, the freeze is weak in spots on the lake, though I see crazies driving across it all year long out my folks' window. I would take caution and use a 4 wheeler or better yet, walk! A wheeler went through there 2 years ago mid-winter.

Anyway, good luck, and if you decide to try it shoot me an e-mail, I can give you some spots to start and maybe even hit the ice with you.

long caster

Hey Matt, thanks alot for the input. I spent the last 2 years fishing Farm Island for first ice (basically the whole month of december) and have had good success. Cedar seems to have alot of the same features so i am hoping to put what i have learned from that lake and apply it to cedar (mainly targeting eyes) I will keep you in mind once the water starts thickening up there and possibly send some questions your way (the boat isn't put away yet so i am going to try some soft water fishing up there next weekend.)

...keep 'er in the strike zone...

Matt Breuer

I don't know if I'm too late, but I just returned from there, and my dad tells me the fish are biting. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll tell you where on Cedar to hit anything you want. He's been pulling cranks for muskie and monster 'eyes.

Just a hint on the lake, once you see some dead fish belly up on the lakeshore, start pulling cranks deep, real deep...