• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nord Lake???

srry, didnt mean to post this twice, im new at this!

Hi, I used to live down the road from Nord when I was in High School. What kind of info are you looking for? The lake has a lot of northerns and some decent crappie fishing. There is also some great largemouth fishing out there. If you are looking for more specific info let me know and I'll try to help you out. I had a friend who grew up on the lake as well.

ben_ray{{{at}}}yahoo.com

hey, thanks for the reply!! we're goin up next weekend. we'll just be fishin for anything that bites. i know we've caught pike trolling spoons and we also caught some nice sized crappie in a small bay. any kind of info u got about pike, bass, and panfish is good for me.

they need to do something with that public access. I was there on satuarday to do some bass fishing, but after looking at the ramp, I decided not to try to launch, since I have a bunk trailer. ended up at lone lake, the summer water activity was just nuts, I did land one bass and one small pike.

I don't have a ton of specific advice. I've caught nice bass almost anywhere along the shoreline and in the large bay on the east side of the lake. There are a number of weed islands in the middle of the last that hold pike. Also there is a small dug out channel to the right of the public access that sometimes holds bass and crappie. How did you weekend of fishing turn out? Drop us a report when you have the time.

we caught tons and tons of pike trolling in the weeds with spoons. didnt seem to matter what color.(although yellow and red "5 of diamonds" was hot for a while) there were a few pike in the 20 inch range, but all the fish were pretty tiny. that lake should do somethin about that. we didnt try for crappie or bass so cant say anything there. we did try dragging lindy rigs for walleye, but had no luck.

[This message has been edited by fishinMN4eyes (edited 08-09-2004).]