• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

SCUMFROG

Hay Sand, I'm bringing my kids dirt bike up this weekend. And I'm going to ask a friend of mine if I can use his 4-wheeler (it's at he cabin already.) So if you want to take the kids over to the gravel pit Saturday afternoon bring your wheeler up and let me know.

SCUMFROG

Hay Sand, I had a great time fishing you. (I haven't laughed that hard in a long tine.) I think I'm going to be up this weekend the mother-in-law wants me to take her to Atkin lake. What happened Sunday didn't see you. I hope every thing is ok. How's your dog, you said he wasn't feeling well.

SCUMFROG

Holy cow did we laugh. Yeah you have to come with us. Then after maybe we can stop back at my place and have a few. Hay Sand how well do you know atkin lake?

Sand Burr

Swamptrout knows it better than me but I did hear of a limit of sunnys come out of there sat. night.

Swamptrout have you been fishin?

The Yeti

We had a good weekend. Didn't catch much on Saturday. Mostly northerns. But Sunday, we got into the walleyes and some of the biggest perch I have ever seen. It was fun..

fishhollwood

Frog- it was nice to meet you this last weekend, thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. About a dozen more weekends like this last one would make my summer!
Take care,
fish

Sand Burr

Fish,
You should make a fishing voyage with us this weekend if your done working! My gut still hurts from laughing so much. We will even tell you about the Blue Rag, Baby doll and Spoon episode...........

SCUMFROG

So were are these fish? We usually go all the way back to the end of the lake. And have good luck back there. I've seen people fishing all over the place. I know its not a very deep lake, is there some structure? Were are the walleye. My mother-in-law wants me to take her over there this weekend so if you can put me on some fish I'd appreciate it. She likes cane polling for sunnies. If it would be better e-mail me at [email protected]

SCUMFROG

Sand,

I got friday off, whoo whoo. What day would you like to fishing?

Sand Burr

My best advice back there would be to grab a edge and start heading towards the back part. Will you be up late on friday again?

swamptrout

scumfrog you have mail

SCUMFROG

Sand,
I'm going to try and get out of work on friday night. If so we'll be up around 7-7:30. And what edge are you talking about? Will I need a blue rag? Or a towel in a target bag.

SCUMFROG

swamp you have mail.

Sand Burr

Swamptrout is the local expert back there I am sure he will get you in the right area.

SCUMFROG

Fish
What part of Texas are they from? My father-in-law is a Dallas cop. And my wife loves to fish as much as I do so it's hard for me to fish with out her. LOL. But she understands that I need my time with the guys also. Maybe you could bring your wife down and she could hang out with my wife while we all go fishing. (we got a hot tub. Sand bring yours to.)

Sand
I might have to work now so we'll be up late Friday night. I know I need to get gas for the boat and some bait. What time does Big Sandy Sports open on Saturday? Do you want to hit Aitkin on saturday?

fishhollwood

Thanks guys for the offer to hit the lake together, however, I'm going to have to pass. My sister and nephews are up from Texas, and since I really don't get to see them very much, I'm going to hang out with them this coming weekend. Also, I think my wife would kill me if I went out for the day and fished. If any of you guys are married how do you get away with it?

Last weekend we caught around a dozen northerns, 3lb being the biggest. Has anyone caught any decent size northerns on this lake before? Also caught 8 little eyes. Catch and release of course. Hopefully someday these pounders will grow to be 4-5lb's, but the way it's been for the last 23 years I don't think that'll ever happen. I've fished Big Sandy since I was 6 year old, and the biggest eye I've ever caught was 3lb. That's down right sad.
I really wish the DNR would do more with this lake. It's such a great lake, but gets a lot of pressure during the summer months. That's my 2 cents, have a good one guys.

Sand Burr

Fish,
At least you are catching! I bring my wife with when she wants to go and also we have two boys and I usually bring one or both. Take years to get away with it if that really ever happens.

Scum,
I hav'nt firmed the weekends plans up yet but usually am up and fishing friday night.
I will post back before the weekend.

SCUMFROG

Hay Sand my kid is bringing a friend up this weekend. So if you want to stop by with your boy they can go swimming in the lake or what ever.

Sand Burr

Scum,
I did not have to work today hince starting a new job in a week! smile.gif I will be leaving in a hour or so when the sweaty gets home. I will stop in tomorrow some time.

Sand Burr

Ps: Yeah I might even put shorts on my youngest this time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe wrap a blue rag around him............

SCUMFROG

Hay Sand what happend? How come you didn't stop back saturday? We did alright on the lake. The boy caught a really nice walleye. We went over to Aitkin lake on saturday got some bass and pike. We wont be up now for about 3 weekends. Whats you new job?

Sand Burr

Scum,
You know how things work when it sunny on sandy.... Come on dad lets go tubing..... lets go to the rope swing..... lets go to the sand bar....... Ok kids lets go..... Good family fun.....

Yeah I managed to go to the poop spot on friday night and only put on walldog in the boat and back to the water.

I havent been that beat in a long time. Trying to get the wife in the boat as much as possible before she is to big and then next year the little one will be around.

The new job is a previous employer. I will be back in the vadnais heights area off if cnty rd E

Let me know when you will be back up!
Check in I will keep you informed.

SCUMFROG

We'll be back up on the weekend of the 27, 28, 29. I plan on hitting Aitkin the hole weekend. Yeah I had to take 2, 13 year old boys fishing with me, boy that was fun. The boy did catch a nice fish.

Sand Burr

Were is a pic of that fish?

details?

SCUMFROG

I need to use up the roll of film then I'll have it. He got it in our bay with a bobber and a leach. I was catching crayfish. LOL.