• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Sandy and Aitkin eyes

Was up on big Sandy last weekend and from what I have read not many people catching eyes.It was not a good outing for me either.Tryed allmy usual spots with no luckso I went over to Aitkin for some panfish. Tha only thing I could find was a school of Pearch. They say were there is pearch there are Walleyes. Well there was one I pulled a 26 inch eye out of Aitkin with a Crappie Jig and a Minnow.What a blast oh ya 5 min. later the wife pulled up a 4.5 pound Dogfish. YUCK. The eye was released after some photos/ I never knex Aitkin held Walleye has anyone else caught any eyes in Aitkin. MJ

I have caught a couple eyes out of there.Both times fishing for panfish.I have tried to target them in Aitkin...but...you guessed it..nothing!Then again,when your catching nice panfish it makes it tough to want to chase those elusive eyes'.

We did good on eyes on Sandy this weekend.
I only got to fish a couple hours max each day, and we got 20 walleyes(biggest was 19 inches), a few pike, and 6 slab crappies.
Crawlers caught most fish(but small), leeches caught fewer(but nicer fish).
Between the weather, and too many people running around at the cabin; it added up to less fishing than I wanted to accomplish.