• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Sandy Lake - Aitkin Co

Hello all-

I was wondering if anyone on the board is familiar with this lake. I've posted a couple questions in that forum, but have a sneaking feeling not too many people post there.

I've heard that the key is to stay shallow when fishing for walleye on Sandy. I've also heard to stay towards shoreline, because the mainlake humps and holes do not hold fish. Can anyone confirm this?

Lastly, we are staying at Hillcrest Resort, on the south shore of Webster Bay. If anyone has info about this place or fishing nearby, that would be cool too. Thanks.

we have caught most of our walleyes on the main lake humps during summer, don't overlook these areas.

I fished there once and caught nothing near the shoreline. Main lake humps produced for me.

Hmmmn. Conflicting reports, who would have thought...

thanks for the responses guys...

I've always had good luck in outlet area. Course it's usually filled with boats if anyone is catching fish.

My vote is to fish in water from 7-9 ft(for walleyes), and go to midlake structure or shoreline points. Stay in that depth for walleyes, and you will come across them.

Oh, and if you are at Hillcrest, go straight north off their docks, and there is a sunken rock pile out there that comes up to about 10 ft(if I remember correct).
We got a 24 inch 'eye off there last year.

[This message has been edited by biglakeba$$ (edited 06-15-2004).]

Bigba$$-

Just got back from a trip to Vermilion. You got mail..