• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Dog

Cedar Lake near Aitkin

Yellow Dog

I have never fished this lake. I drive by it a lot as it is on the southwest side of Aitkin.

Anybody fish it? Any walleyes or crappies to be had? Is it a populated lake with the jet-ski crowd or pleasure boaters?

The shoreline looks like it might be receptive to buzz-baits for some bass too.

What do you think?

FlyingV

Its good for Crappies and Bass if you can find them. It water is stained very dark from local swamp run off. It has lots of nice back bays and quite a bit of un developed shoreline. I heard the DNR has been putting Muskies in it for a while but I have not heard of anyone fishing for them.
It can get busy on weekends.

Matt Breuer

My folks have lived on it for many many years, and I have been fishing it since I was 15. The lake is full of bass, and does hold populations of both crappies and walleyes, but you have to work for them, especially the 'eyes. Quality when found however! Muskie fishing out there has been getting more pressure every year, and yes, it's pretty decent, the size of the lake makes it interesting to find them as well. There are a ton of jet ski enthusiasts, as well as pleasure boaters, but it's a big lake!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Today's Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

Yellow Dog

Thanks! I called the DNR fishery in Aitkin with these same questions and I talked to a very helpful gentleman. He talked about the DNR doing a netting project on Cedar right now for muskies. He mentioned that it is rather cool on that lake right now to net muskies, but they have netted a few nice walleye.

bronzeback01

We fished Cedar two weekends ago. A lot of small pike and bass. the pike were all suspended about 5-6 feet off the bottom in 13-15 feet of water. the bass were comming on weed lines drops, most on light colored spinner baits. The biggest bass came while sight fishing weedy flats on the back side of islands. Not much for walleyes, but one guy in our group did accidentaly catch a 30" walleye while jigging for muskie. The water was crystal clear when we were up there, I don't know how it is now though.

knoppers

I usaully do good on the bass pitching crankbaits on the steep drops, have not used any spinnerbaits yet, but I am planning fishing the lake on the 4th weekend, and since the water is still cold 62-64 degres on area lakes this weekend, the bass should be shallow.
I have fished this lake in early, and late summer, the water has always been quit clear.