• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
FI Guide

Opener lakes

FI Guide

Hey guys what lake are all of you guys going to hit up on the opener. I will be at Farm Island doing something different this by going after northerns instead of eyes. I might try the eyes later that night.

FI

Remington

We will be on Farm Island also. We called the Farm Island resort and made reservations. We have a cabin nearby and have only fished it one time. We were dragging for walleyes and my dad caught a huge rock bass. After throwing it back we looked up the state record in the regulations and it is a little over two pounds. My dad's was over three and he threw it back!!!!!!! ANy tips to throw out for the opener?

iland99

Me and a buddy were gonna hit Mille Lacs for walleye opener this year. Then we came to our senses and I think we're gonna hit Bay Lake for northerns. We saw some HUGE pike in that lake while ice fishing a couple weeks ago. I've got 4 rod/reel combos that have a total of 0 casts on them. I love ice fishing, but I can't wait for open water!!

Chad Anderson

Remington, Farm Island has giant rock's, we have rocky's over 2 and 3 pounds that live under our dock in the summer, but yea I'll be out on farm for the opener too, maybe ill see you out there!

------------------
eat, fish, try to sleep

knoppers

fished minnewawa for the last few openers, thinking of trying big sandy this year.
one year a few years ago, the weather was nasty, so I tryed lake trout on big trout lake on the opener, cold, windy, sleety weather is the perfect time to do the lakers.

Remington

Chad, do you know anything about the resorts on the lake? Does the lake get a lot of boats for opener usually?

huskiesplayer15

The federal dam on big sandy is always a great early season spot, nice eyes, pike, occassional crappie. Protected from the wind, so if you get blown off, that is a good spot to head, plus you can bring the kids too, there is a park for them to play on. It might be worth your while to check out sometime.
Best Fishes
Chris

bigchinstrap

My dad and I usualy start out the year on Farm Island if the fishing is good we stay there otherwise there are lots of lakes in the area that get little pressure on opener and can be real good.

united jigsticker

Farm Island is a good one for opener, and if it doesn't pan out, Mille Lacs is just a hop, skip, and jump away.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

FI Guide

Chad you have an email address wow thats a shocker since you computer is the biggest piece in the world but eho cares if you guys need spots on Farm Island ask either of us we both know the lake very well.

FI

Chad Anderson

Remington, I know there is a campground called Farm Island Lake Campground, If you want other info give me a email at,
[email protected]

I fish the lake a ton and if you would like to know any spots I got'em

------------------
eat, fish, try to sleep

bigchinstrap

The ice is not to good. we ice fished out there friday but it was geting bad hard to even get to the ice.

Remington

How is the ice looking on FI? I kinda want to get up and do a little searching with the camera and try to mark some spots in the boat.

[This message has been edited by Remington (edited 04-04-2004).]

Matt Breuer

After giving this thread a quick scan, I thought that I read about people fishing pike on opener? Just making sure I read it right??!?!!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
Northcountry Guide Service
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Today's Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

FI Guide

I just returned from arizona on a golf trip and it was very fun. Matt you are right about what you have read this post is about Opener lakes and what everyone is fishing for.

Remington

What is the biggest pike that you have ever pulled in? I haven't been able to get past 10lbs. myself. That was on a crappie minnow with the old zebco years ago.

Matt Breuer

I was blessed by the pike gods this winter. I got my two biggest both this winter, a 17 lb. pig on a tip-up, and a 23 lb. beast on LOTW on 4 lb. test!

FIGuide, I was just joking around, I wouldn't fish pike on walleye opener if you paid me! Walleye opener is as traditional in MN as the Superbowl is to America in my book! To each his own!

If I lived in the area anymore I'd be on Mille Lacs from midnight to 6 and Sandy until my arms were jello!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Today's Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

[This message has been edited by Matt Breuer (edited 04-14-2004).]

iland99

Hey Matt, it looks like I'll be moving to the Bemidji area in a couple of weeks. I took a job at TEAM Industries in Bagley. I start there on the 26th of April. We'll probably end up bumping into each other at some point, just thought I'd give you a fair warning.

Matt Breuer

Isaac, give me a call when you get into town! A couple weeks, we'll be fishing open water by then! I just hopped on team Crestliner and got a new boat, I think there's room for you in it!

------------------
Matthew J. Breuer
[email protected]
-----------------------
Custom Jigs and Spins
Phelps Tackle
Today's Tackle
Stone Legacy
Ice Leaders

Remington

Are the crappies hitting on FI yet?