• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Fishing_Fool

Sissabagamah

Fishing_Fool

Haven't fished it in a couple of years but use to spend my every summer up there until I was 18. Wanted to know if you can still catch some pretty nice panny's up there? I'm heading down there in a couple of weeks... I have my own spot to fish away from the crowds between the rushes and the island for crappies but, any good idea for ice sunny's would be appreciated.

Thanks and good fishing!

Fishing Fool

------------------
---Drill your hole farther away---

crappace

Not many people know that name for the lake...i have been on it for 30 years, no sunnies in the winter yet. i like looking for the walleyes and keeping up with the crappies keeps me busy too. i assume the reeds you are talking about are off the "point" of isle of pines??

Fishing_Fool

yeh, to the north of the island there is almost like a sunken island.... long rushes and pencil weeds in the summer. Most of the cars an people that ice fish that lake congregate right there in the deep water between them. This is a good spot and fish can certainly be caught there but I usually have better success finding them off on my own. Plus once you find them they seem to stay in the area since there is no noise. I have never went out and actually targeted the walleyes however, I caught a 6 plus pounder there fishing for crappies in 2000. Was a lot of fun, he still is swimming so hopefully the lake will reproduce. My dad said back in the late 50's and 60's they would catch them pretty regular... Probably what happened to the lake. Anyway, I haven't caught the blue's there in the winter either, think I'm going to try and target them when I go....

Thanks for the response...

Fishing Fool

------------------

crappace

we caught and released a 25.5 inch eye the new years day off the west side of east side of church. all the walleyes being caught are big, unfortunatly most are being eaten.

Fishing_Fool

Maybe we are talking about a different lake after all... No Church on the lake I'm talking about. Unless thats a reference to something else or there is a new one that has been built up there in the past few years. The one I'm referng to is off of HWY 47 for the public access however, you can also get to the lake by taking Red Indian Road.

Fishing_Fool

------------------

crappace

yup, we are talking about different lakes.

crappace

yup, we are talking about different lakes.