• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Blind Lake

I am thinking of taking a run up there next week and was wondering how the ice is on the lake. Is it safe for atv travel?

Thanks
Slab

I havn't been to Blind, but most the lakes of that size and depth have 8-10" of ice right now, so I would bet you're gonna look at about the same out there.

Good luck.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

• 4 weeks later...

do many people fish blind, i have a friend on the lake and he said there are decent pike and alot of panfish

------------------
eat, fish, try to sleep

theres a little city out there most years. i havent been there yet this year. blind is the type of lake that goes in cycles, the fishing gets nice and then people fish it out. eventually they give up on it and then the population slowly goes back up and then they fish it out again. (this is my opinion)but the northerns can be pretty nice (my biggest is 34") and the crappies and sunfish are decent. hope this helps. you should be fine on a wheeler out there now. good luck and give us the report.

thanks, let you know if i give it a try.

------------------
eat, fish, try to sleep

I made it out there this past weekend. caught a few nice gills. The northerns really kept me busy. I am probably going to go back up on the 19th and spend the day there.

what'd you catch the pike on, how many did you get

------------------
eat, fish, try to sleep

I caught 5 northerns. I caught four on a tip up with a a sucker minnow and I caught one jigging for panfish.

Slab