• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Sandy

Not many ice fisherman from what I remember. (Its been a few years since I have been up there in the winter.)
The in-laws used to put a house in Bell Horn Bay, and there was not that many houses in there. We used to snowmobile a ton up there(until I sold the sleds a few years back), and there were never many ice houses on Big Sandy.

Thanks, my grandparents bought a place on the lake a couple years ago but only live up there in the summer (Texas in the winter), so I've fished there the last couple years in spring/summer and have had success.

My parents have a place on Big Sandy just past the Hillcrest Resort. I haven't mad it up in the winter for a couple of winters but only saw houses on the narrows just down from the resort. It always amazed me to look across the lake on the way in and not see at least a house here or there. I wonder why that is?? There is no shortage of fishing taking place in the open water months. I didnt have a sled so would go fish my uncles cabin back in Savanna Portage State Park, though I dont know why with Sandy out the back door.