• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

it all depends on what lakes your looking at. most small - medium size lakes have 2-5 inches with a couple around 4-6 inches. the bigger lakes are still very border line. most people....the smart ones at least....are still walking on all lakes. you will be able to fish, just check the ice and check it often

sorry havent been there or heard anything yet. but i would imagine that there is a fair amount of ice out there. sorry i cant give you anymore help than that. if you go let me know how you did and how much ice there is. also if you need any more info i will do what i can.

what about nord lake and hangin kettle lake
i want to going ice fishing this weekend between bow hunting

i havent been to nord so i have no idea there. my guess that there is 2-3 inches there. as for hanging kettle i drove past there a week ago and no one was out. i havent been past since but i would guess there is 3-4 sorryi cant tell you more. maybe i will swing past tomorrow.

rscabin,
since sherrif is a small lake I would think the ice should be good, but then again, it is a very deep lake, and probally spring fed, so be carefull. what do you usually fish for on this lake? I have fished it only in summer, have marked many fish, but they were unwilling to bite. I am on fleming lake, which should be going this weekend, and I am expecting at least 8 inches of ice here.

knoppers my nieghbor has a place in Lawler. He was going up this weekend. I was thinking of going but something came up and did not make it. I was just wondering how thick the ice was. Ive been hereing scattered reports on different thickness's. It is probably going to be ready here in the south metro area by next weekend. Let me know how well you did. Maybe some time I can run in to you and say hi. Ever been in Jackson hole taveren in Lawler.