• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A few fish biting

Some of the areas smaller and medium lakes have anywhere from 3-6" of ice.

A few folks have made it out with some success on Crappies and a few Bluegills.

The weather looks to warm this week, but I don't think it will warm enough in this area to do any significant damage as the temps will drop at night enough to keeps things stiffened up.

Anyone else have any reports for the area? They're much appreciated. smile.gif

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

where are you guys getting your bait? i looked all over and cant find any yet. is there enough ice on fleming or french?

i was up to palisade this weekend and they had wax worms and fatheads. i would guess by the next weekend they will have more bait to chose from. i think that the ice caught most bait shops by suprise.

fleming looks good and should have good ice, but check it if you go out. its counterpart wilkins still has 3 holes in it, but it is one of the last lakes to freeze so dont fret.

I finally found some bait. for anyone looking bills sportsman in aitkin has it. went out on fleming last night...barley enough ice so i didnt want to chance it being i didnt get there til after dark. got out to about 12 feet but couldnt get out to the hole. maybe i will try it again thursday in the daylight. anyone had any success?

beretta,

You should have been in the vicinity of some fish. You might have to wait abit, as the fish are spooky right now. Also try moving around a bit, but the 12 foot range is where you want to be on Fleming.

Also, try to south shore nearer the east end. Always produces some Crappies there.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]