• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ice Conditions on French

I know last year I was out the day after Thanksgiving on French. Any possibilty for this year, or should I go bow hunting? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
-BPB

NO ICE IN THE AREA. Dosent look like it will be cold enough to make good ice by the weekend, and i hope that the lakes dont freeze till this snowsystem passes otherwise we could be waiting along time for GOOD ice.

Start the sleds, but remember that the trails dont open till the first of december.

French may not be ready by thanksgiving but there are some other lakes in the area that will be good. theres a couple east of there and west also. Its plenty cold to make ice.

------------------
Shut up and fish!

fleming is close to being fished, I would think french is in the same situation. with the well below frezzing highs on friday, and cold temps in the eve, it should be very soon. with the perdicted temps close to 40 next week, it may as much as 2 weeks out. lets hope they are wrong about those expected highs next week. then we will be fishing by next weekend. just remeber to carry the ice chisel for checking the ice as you walk, and the picks to get yourself out just in case.