• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fall fishing

was wondering does big sandy produce a thermocline, or is it like mille lacs and not stratify. was thinking of some late september walleye fishing on the lake, and contemplating the depths I should be thinking about.
any other lakes besides sandy thats going now. seems this site is too much focused on big sandy instead of the whole aitkin/mcgregor area.

Hey knoppers,

There's alot of interest here in Big Sandy, and alot of people appreciate the reports Sand Burr and others give for the lake.

Alot of the areas more familiar lakes are going strong for Crappies right now, as the fish have finally moved to the deeper water and away from weeds. Look in 12-20 feet for suspended fish and you'll find a decent bite. Hey, them Walleyes are even hanging in the same relative haunts right now, so you double the odds. smile.gif

Information shared here is always appreciated, but as you know yourself, alot of the lakes are smaller sized in this region and this often times causes folks to be a little more tight lipped when a hot bite comes around.

Can't say I blame em', but if you ever have a specific lake in question I know that someone out there is always happy to help a fellow angler in persuit of a fun outing.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

I'd hit Wilkins in 15-20 feet with small frogs in the evenings for Walleyes.

Crappies can be had on Gun in the same depths.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

If you have the energy, go to the little semi-marshy wooded area on the north side of the channel going into Whispering.

Should be able to catch at least half a dosen.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]