• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

8/30 report

Perfect weather and bad fishing. The traffic on the lake was slow I believe due to the fact of some colder temps but the fish did not cooperate with us. We only boated on wall dog in the 12" range. My son lost a really nice pike on Sat. In his eyes due to me because I would'nt help him reel it in. (gotta love that) I tried blades, cranks and night bobber fishing. I was either in the wrong spots or it was slow all over. Swamptrout & Mrs. Swamptrout did help us out with a great Panfish spot on Atikn lake. Yep it took catching 15 small one to get a nice one but the kids just loved it! Thanks again and it was a pleasure meeting both of you. I did make it back that night after another hour or so of some lighted bobber fishing. I also went back the next morning with the 4 year old.

I was once again impressed with the family activities McGregor provided. Wild Rice days was great complete with parade, flea market and corn feed!

If you are looking for a seasonal site for next year your not alone there were many people looking this weekend and would guess there filling fast. There are also alot of campers for sale in these lots. Plan ahead for next year!

I will be bear hunting the next two weeks so I hope somone can drop some reports for me in my absence.

------------------
www.bucketrack.com
Hey nice Rack

Crappies were going nicely.
Father-in-law got 20 in Aitkin Friday evening. On Sat morning we got 18 at "The Pine Tree" in the Prarie River. Went to Aitkin Sat evening and got another 28 crappies, and one walleye.
Sunday got back to the Pine Tree again and got another half dozen crappies.
We kept a total of 11 for the weekend. Most were carbon copy 8.5 to 9 inchers. Should be good in the years to come, if they don't all get eaten for dinner.
The ones we kept were 9+ to almost 11 inches.
Very fun.
Tried Walleyes for a while, and gave up on them.
I sure wish I could get back up there this fall, but hunting is upon us.

ok...but i guess i should have been more specific. i wasnt on sandy. or wawa we were out on the ol' mississip' the water is low and if you have a smaller boat it maybe worth a try we did good and you might also..

whips the rod back and yells...

fish on ..!
fish off...!

Hey Sand Burr & Biglake,
I'm new to this web site but I have been on Big Sandy out of Ole's resort for the last 4 years.We also did well on Aitkin over the weekend.Nice slabbage gills,some bonus crappies and a 3-4 # walleye,But my net man got a little to anxious and the walleye was
unceremoniusly released.Another day maybe.

I'm heading back up this weekend.If any body would like to get together for some boat time,let me know.The family will be up so mornings are usually good for me.I think it would be cool to meet up with some fellow fishermen on the lake.

I can give some reports if you like from this
coming weekend.

Thanks,
Pagz

Pagz,
Welcome aboard! Yes a great bunch of guys here on FM.com. I wish I was headed back up this weekend but I am also ready to hunt. Please drop a report for us. Seams to be a ton of people back in Atkin and that's usually what keeps me out on the big water. It will be getting worse towards the end of the month. I will be back up over the 20th if your up there we will hook up.

------------------
www.bucketrack.com
Hey nice Rack

Heres my sunday roport...

hit the water at 4 pm. and got off the water before it got dark. boated 10 walleyes only 3 that were under 12 inches most in the 16-18 inch range, a small pike, a sucker, and some nice rock bass. using jig heads and a peice of night crawler. i think that it was a dang nice afternoon on the water .. and the eyes tasted good too...

sand burr you are right about aitkin in mid-sept,great panfishing. enjoyed the chat and the exchange of information that we had, went out on sandy mon. morning, caught one keeper wallygator, and two little ones over in the n.e.corner.

good luck, shoot straight,