• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Sand Burr

7/12 report

Sand Burr

Sand and leeches with an occasional crawler. Find yourself 6-10 feet of water off one of many of the bars anywhere around the lake and it will produce some "walldogs". Size on the other hand? Lots in the 11-14 inch range. Did have some minor succes on some 16-18 inch in Fishermans bay. Hardly anyone on the lake this weekend! I've got a "thing" this weekend so it will be two weeks till you get another report from myself.

united jigsticker

Thanks for the reports Sand Burr! smile.gif

UJ

Sand Burr

Forgot to mention Atkin lake produced some nice limits of sunfish. Also I can't remember the name of the bay but it is east of battle island (long island or something) is producing some crappies.

united jigsticker

Aitkin Lake has alot of nice Panfish! Thanks for the updates.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

knoppers

any reports on the musky action from cedar lake.
was out there on the 12th, and seen many boats fishing for the ski's, myself I just boated a few bass.

Mark Christianson

Knoppers,
Late night at the bar????? smile.gif

Cedar lake? This is a Big Sandy/Aitkin report.

knoppers

biglakeba$$,

I wish it were the bar, but I am one of those nightshifters.

7/12 report, I figured it would be open to all reports, not just big sandy.;-)

good fishin' this 7/19 all!

Sand Burr

Sure all reports welcome! I hav'nt replied because I don't chase the elusive muskie.

Mark Christianson

Where is Cedar Lake?
I couldn't resist that reply knoppers.

I wasn't even aware there was a Cedar lake in Aitkin county.

united jigsticker

Cedar Lake is off of state hwy 210 about 6 miles SW of Aitkin.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

knoppers

yes, united jigsticker is correct, I was on the cedar lake SW of Aitkin.

knoppers

Dam lake is on my list of lakes to do, but I haven't don'it yet. I have heard the walleyes are good there.
The one time a gave long lake a drive bye, it was to active with skiers, PWC's and pleasure cruisers.

united jigsticker

Long Lake is very deep (100+ ft) and pretty clear.

Dam Lake is a decent Walleye and Crappie spot, but like knoppers said, this time of year is all about the weekend renegade and their kids.

If you can get out there mid-week the traffic is almost non existent.

------------------
Good fishing,
UJ
[email protected]

Kinda what I thought too. Mother in law's Cabin is on Long, and have been fishing it for about 3 or 4 years now. Lots of small northerns, and occasional decent walleye. I think problem is lake is so deep, that they head way down in the summer...I want to bring my own rig up there this fall and fish Dam, and maybe a few other in Glen.