• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fuzzyray

Round Lake (near Palisade)

fuzzyray

I'm heading back to my hometown (Aitkin) favorite fishing lake (after moving to St. Cloud 4 years ago), wondering if anyone has been out on Round since opener? Haven't been up to Round for a few years now. I'll be up there Fri-Sun staying at a friends placed on the lake. Looking to get a report or 2. Any of those lil eyes starting to grow up? How have they been biting? See you on the lake!

------------------
'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'fish of the day'

knoppers

fuzzy,
which round lake?
theres like 3 of em.

united jigsticker

He's refering to the one by Waukenabo.

knoppers...Fished anyone off the lake lately? wink.gif

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 05-19-2003).]

fuzzyray

Good to see that some one is reading these posts! I was up Fri(16th) night. It was a beautiful night and I got on to some decent fish. I boated 6 walleyes around 16-17" in about 1 1/2 hrs. Nice eaters for sure. Sat morning it was dead calm. I got out at 5:15 and caught a beautful 20" eye right away, then a 16". Soon as the sun came up things came to a hault. Fished a number of spots without success. Finally landed one more (18") around 9:00. It was nice to catch a few bigger fish. Any one else been out lately? I saw a lot of boats including 9 fishing after dark. Any ideas on how the night bite has been. I haven't done much night fishing but would like to. Any tips on getting started into that? Good Fishing all!

knoppers

nice to hear that the fish are a decent size.
last time or two there, caught nothing but runts.

kalapoika

What's the public access like for this lake (how many vehicles does it accommodate)? I fished it once this winter and caught a few small walleyes and wouldn't mind giving it a try next time I'm up in the area (hopefully might make a day trip up from the cities this weekend).

Thanks!

fuzzyray

The public access is quite nice. Concrete DNR ramp. There is parking for about 7-10 vehicles I'd estimate. I've never had much problems parking or getting the boat in there! Good Fishing!

Anyone fishing any of the other lakes in the area?

[This message has been edited by fuzzyray (edited 05-22-2003).]