• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Round Lake (near Palisade)

I'm heading back to my hometown (Aitkin) favorite fishing lake (after moving to St. Cloud 4 years ago), wondering if anyone has been out on Round since opener? Haven't been up to Round for a few years now. I'll be up there Fri-Sun staying at a friends placed on the lake. Looking to get a report or 2. Any of those lil eyes starting to grow up? How have they been biting? See you on the lake!

------------------
'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'fish of the day'

He's refering to the one by Waukenabo.

knoppers...Fished anyone off the lake lately? wink.gif

[This message has been edited by united jigsticker (edited 05-19-2003).]

Good to see that some one is reading these posts! I was up Fri(16th) night. It was a beautiful night and I got on to some decent fish. I boated 6 walleyes around 16-17" in about 1 1/2 hrs. Nice eaters for sure. Sat morning it was dead calm. I got out at 5:15 and caught a beautful 20" eye right away, then a 16". Soon as the sun came up things came to a hault. Fished a number of spots without success. Finally landed one more (18") around 9:00. It was nice to catch a few bigger fish. Any one else been out lately? I saw a lot of boats including 9 fishing after dark. Any ideas on how the night bite has been. I haven't done much night fishing but would like to. Any tips on getting started into that? Good Fishing all!

nice to hear that the fish are a decent size.
last time or two there, caught nothing but runts.

What's the public access like for this lake (how many vehicles does it accommodate)? I fished it once this winter and caught a few small walleyes and wouldn't mind giving it a try next time I'm up in the area (hopefully might make a day trip up from the cities this weekend).

Thanks!

The public access is quite nice. Concrete DNR ramp. There is parking for about 7-10 vehicles I'd estimate. I've never had much problems parking or getting the boat in there! Good Fishing!

Anyone fishing any of the other lakes in the area?

[This message has been edited by fuzzyray (edited 05-22-2003).]