• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Crappie tactics

So, you've been pounding the deep holes all winter looking for suspended fish and now here comes March. Time to change tactics? Sharp drops leading to shallow bays? Submerged wood or brush piles? Weededges? Shallow or deep? What strategies work best to put late ice slabs in the bucket?

eats

This has been covered pretty well in Crappies-Sunfish.

The guys in there are pretty good with the panfish. Give that area a shot, and read some of the threads there.

Trust me, I've read 'em all. But, Minnesota is a big state with a lot of water and sometimes it's cool to get an idea of what the people who fish the same areas as I do are thinking.

In my experience, on lakes other than URL, the fish are really up and down. The deeper holes are still good spots but the ridges, about 22' feet are good right now. The fish seem to be closer to the bottom before dark and suspended anywhere above four feet up in the evening. Just my $.02.