• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bar on Big Sandy

There is a booze joint on Big Sandy lake that an old time just sold to a pair of younger guys. I guess it is right on the lake, but I am not positive. Was just wondering if anyone knew the name of the bar? I used to work with one of the owners and i wanted to get in touch with him, but i dont know the name of the establishment. I am pretty sure that it is on the west side of the lake. can anyone help?

IF THE NAME HAS NOT CHANGED, IT IS OFF HWY. 65 RIGHT BEFORE THE SANDY RIVER. PEIR 65 IS WHAT WAS CALLED. I'VE HAD A NUMBER OF GOOD TIMES THERE.

I dont know if that is it, but they just took over in at the end of Jan. They are cool as hell and they love to party. If anyone has been there since the 1st of Feb let me know who the owners are. And then i will know if that is the bar or not.

i don't know the owners name. We have a cabin about 1/4 mile away on the lake and the name of is Still Pier 65 or was a couple of months ago.

Maybe the Sandbar. It's on the west side and on the northwest side of Browns bay.

[This message has been edited by MnIceman (edited 02-21-2003).]

Tang - I know the owners of the Pier 65 have had it for years but I also know they have been trying to sell it.

As for the name, how could you change it? Ask anyone about McGregor and the first thing they mention is The Pier. It is an institution, a landmark of the area. I've had some great times there. Lets just say, if they checked into the history of my activities at The Pier, there is no way I could run for political office.

The Spook

• 3 weeks later...

there is a new bar inbetween pier 65 and the sand bar, but I cannot remember the name of it. its across the hwy from the lake, right were the snowmobile trail enters the lake, the trail from palisade.

The bar across the road from the lake, by the snowmobile trail is Fisherman's Bay...same as the bay it sit's beside I believe. It's real nice inside. The only other one on this side of the lake not already mentioned would be Eagle's Point. Two tough winters without snow...it wouldn't suprise me if some ownership has changed. The owners of Fisherman's Bay told me they made more money in the winter than summer, that was three winters ago.