• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

davis/round lake

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these two lakes. I have heard that there is some decent crappie and northern fishing to be had. Is there any size or is it more numbers?

I know a little (very little) about Davis and Round from many years ago. I went to the church camp that's located between the two lakes when I was a kid. So the last time I was there, it was probably 15+ years ago.

I was always able to get a little fishing in while I was there. I would get up early while everyone else was still sleeping and fish from shore. Northerns were extremely abundant in Round, very easy to catch from shore. All the ones I caught or saw were always small. I saw a few big crappies caught from the docks, and I caught some big rock bass in there. Also caught some big perch. The most memorable experience I had out there was catching a very big dog fish. At the time I didn't have a clue what it was. But it was probably a 7 to 8 pounder. Heck of a fun fight!

I never fished Davis. But I would see some boats out there from time to time fishing northerns, I heard they did pretty well. Walking along the shoreline there I saw a few monster bullheads.

I'm sure most of this isn't too relevant to how fishing is out there today. But you never know.

AWH

round lake has many snake northerns, they are a blast to catch, just use your bowmount and cast the shorelines.