• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Why so many snakes in Spirit Lake

Take a look at the lake- I heard that walleye stocking is a tough issue here. Could lakers survive?

• 2 weeks later...

how deep is the lake NS. How many pike did you catch. I would rather catch pike than anything else because the put up the best fight on a jigging rod.

The pike range from tiny to not big. 12" to low 20's. I know there are some bruisers in there but we always hook into the hammerhandles while crappie fishing. Spirit is one of the clearest lakes I've seen. It has a 70' or so hole and a fairly large deep basin. Tough lake to fish but it has some nice ones in it. 17" crappies and jumbos to go along with the walleyes. I've put alot of time in on this lake. They come along now and then. We shoot out from the cabin, Otherwise the access is on a channel. I don't think I'd use it in the winter. Faster water- I don't know though. I'll check it out this weekend. Or you could call Farm Island store. -NS-

with a 70 ft hole i think if the dnr took a look at the oxygen and water clarity levels lakers should be able to survive

It's not a numbers lake, It's a lake with good fish if put the time into it. Get's old though.

The 17"er came two years ago! -NS-