• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

4 of us fished on Gun lake today and did really well on Crappies. Fished from 9:00 until 1:30, had to quit, in 36' of water and Crappies were suspended from 2 to 10 ft. off the bottom. Vexilar sure does help. 12" of ice on the lake and some were driving on it but used a 4 wheeler.

How's the access on Gun? The cabin truck is in Duluth. I may have to car it. The sled is on the fritz. I'm driving a low car for now. I try to hit a different lake (near Aitkin) every weekend. I'm guessing there's a town near the hole. You must of headed to the hole and setup just out from the croud. Am I right? Can you offer any? I have time in the area if you want to know what's up here and there. -NS-

Only about 1" of snow on the lake you should have no problems with a car. Fished by my self north of the island.

• 3 weeks later...

How's the Ice conditions on Gun? Any one been there lately? Thinking of heading up there, also, how has the Crappie/Gill bite been? Appreciate any replies.

Rod holder I will be heading back up on sunday morning. If you are out before than let me know how the ice is. When I was up there last ice was about 12", should be more now. Good luck

kevin

Kevin, how long ago were you up there when the ice was 12" When you were up on the 5th?
Rod Holder

[This message has been edited by Rod Holder (edited 01-29-2003).]

Yeah the 5th was the last time, with he cold it should be a lot better though. Will have the wheeler with just in case but I really don't see a reason for it. Will help to separate from the other guys I will be will if we don't find them right away though.
I will let you know how I do on sunday. Have a good one.

Kevin

We were up on the 18th and there was a good 16", plenty to drive on. There was no snow on the ice so watch the gas pedal! I'm going to try Gun again this weekend if it doesn't snow. Good luck

Kupman I will be up there sunday morning, going to start on the north side of the island and if no success there will move to a couple of other spots I know of. If you're in the area on sunday swing in and say hi always nice to meet some of the fellow FMers. I have an otter lodge green in color and there will be a blue tarp collapsable with me.

Kevin

Will do Kevin, I'll be driving a red Ranger and either have a clam portable or be bucket fishing. We're going up for Palisade winter festival, so Sat and Sun mornings we'll be out. Hopefully it won't be as cold this time, and the fish are hungry! Dave

Kupman, look for a blue chevy, I have a green otter lodge and will be north of the island

kevin

12 crappies for 5 of us today, not to good. Marked alot on the vexilar but nothing would bit. You could move the jig up or down and fish would follow.

Kevin

We fished in 34' of water and fish were suspended anywhere from 2 to 10 ft. off the bottom. Ice was a good 16", no problems driving on the lake.

Good luck and post what you get.

Kevin