• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Sandy and Minnewawa

I have seen fish that race to a bait, seemingly look at it and then go back down.

At times I found they were inhaling the lure and spitting it out at a certain point when the signals met up. Sometimes it was right when they met the bait, other times it's a one thousand one count...and I have had it all the way to a one thousand five count...

These hits were totally undetectable, but once I found the right count I could usually catch a number of fish.

Just offereing a few ideas...This may not have been the case, but it never hurts to try.

PCG

[This message has been edited by Pro Crappie Guide (edited 01-07-2003).]

Unless you had a camera down I may have a suggestion. In so. Mn. I had this happen one afternoon. Frustrating as heck. Fish would come on the vex suspended. Reel up past them and like a rocket the would chase and not bump the lure. I`d get em to run up and drop down, yet not a bite. Finally caught one, white bass. I`ve also experienced this with tullibies up nort. Heading your way soon. Flip

We consistently had fish coming through at 15 feet on Big Sandy. Anyone know or have any ideas what they could have been? The crappies we got were right on the bottom so I'm thinking these 15 foot cruisers could have been tulibees??

My guess is Bluegills, Crappies, or baitfish. Were the signals as strong as the fish coming off the bottom or were they narrower signals?

PCG

I think they were Gills or Crappies then.

Often times the bigger fish will roam through higher....Obviously a camera would have been nice to have at that time...

Then again..if they wouldn't bite and were huge Gills, you might have just been frusterated that much more.

PCG

Thanks for the info. We're going back up either the end of this month or beginning of Feb. before walleyes close. Maybe we'll have better luck. We need to find weeds I think.

One more thing. The crappies we did catch were gorgeous! Very distinct colors and healthy.

Hi D-Man
That would be great. I will be up there next Jan 25-26. going to LOW next weekend and I have to baby sit at home this weekend while my wife does presentations this weekend. I am pretty free weekends starting the 25th. I would love hit the big pond with you this season also. Lets see when we can setup on big M and MInnewawa. The panfish are bitting. I hope people of c & r the big gills though. We need them to catch this summer. Pound for Pound the best fighting fish there is.

Hey anybody been out on minnewawa lately?Just wondering if their biting and where,any info would be great.Going up to the cabin for the first time since ice.
Thanks alot!!

Good fishin to all!!!!

Fished friday pm Saturday and Sunday Am. Did catch limit of crappie and some nice 10 inch gills. Cold and windy every day. No specific area was good, fish are scattered and hard to get to bite. Moved around alot for the cold weather to keep warm.As for the fish on the vex they are probably lake shiners on wawa, if you put a small teardrop with a spike or small waxy you can catch them. Great tip-up bait for this lake. Smitty

I'm going to wawa this weekend (Saturday), anything happening up there and where? i was up a few weeks ago and did allright straight out from the old dinner club that burned down. Looking for crappies, eyes and northerns.