• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Deer Hunting

Hunted just north of McGregor this weekend and only saw one deer. Didn't hear many shots either. Anyone have good success in the McGregor area this weekend?

i was in aitkin last weekend i didnt see anything but the people i was with missed i buck and saw alot of does bu they didnt have doe permits. i heard alot of shots in the morning but later in the day and the next day i didnt hear anything.anybody else get skunked?

Saw one buck all weekend hunting near Aitkin. Palisade registration station only had 75 registered Saturday I heard...man that is way down. Ericksons registration in Aitkin only had 123 registered Saturday and she told me 120 of those were bucks...weirrrrd. Why are these numbers down there are a bazillion deer around???

We must of been lucky! We got 3, 1 spike, 1 small 8 pt, and one with less than 1 inch polished antlers. Heard more shooting this year opening afternoon then in the past 4 years. Only saw 1 doe. Saw 4 other deer in heavy brush but not well enough to tell what they were or get a shot.

We were near Palisade, and registered at the Spur on Sun nite. Our deer made 238 so far, but there were 10 guys behind us waiting to register. One truck had 5 deer in it, 3 legal spikes, one polished "button buck" like ours, and 1 doe. Looks like the bucks are running heavy this year. They didn't know how many were registered last year as they were new in that store. Friends down toward Glen had 5 for 9 so far, 4 of those were bucks.

Good luck with the rest of the season! grin.gif

Hunting partner and I got 3 for the 2 of us on opener. 1 button buck, 1 doe, and 1 10 pointer that will be going on the wall. We are hunting zone 154. Buddy I hunt with never even saw a deer, which is better yet so I can raz him more.

Hunting partner and I got 3 for the 2 of us on opener. 1 button buck, 1 doe, and 1 10 pointer that will be going on the wall. We are hunting zone 154. Buddy I hunt with never even saw a deer, which is better yet so I can raz him more.

we got 5 deer on opening weekend 2 spike one 8 point and 2 doe then second weekend we dont see any see deer so we decided to leave woods alone for less 1 week we think all deers went to swamp and stay there so we hope to see deer this thurs

One guy in my hunting party got a three point buck on opening morning. I saw eight does opening weekend and a few during the following week. This past weekend I didn't see a thing though. frown.gif

Too bad I didn't apply for a doe license or buy one. Oh well I suppose. One more week.
Good Luck everyone

Weekend Two Update - Once again spent the weekend in the woods. 3 hunters = 0 deer. The snow in the woods helped to make seeing things easier but, still didn't see any. Heard very few shots. One more weekend to go.