• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on were to go on vacation. we went up there last weekend looking at resorts for next year. just wondering if anybody had any suggestions.

Thanks

Are you looking for a resort on Mille Lacs Lake or did you have someplace else in mind?
There are quite a few that I could recomend but it would be easier if I had an idea of where you were looking at.

Try Cedar Lake, cedar lake resort, or Farm Island Lake, Farm Island Lake resort.

Farm Island is south of Aitkin on Us Hwy 169 by about 13 miles, And Cedar Lake is south on Hwy 210 by about 6 miles.

Both are good Crappie and Walleye lakes.

PCG

pro crappie guide do they have a very good northern fishing.and would the walleye be easy to find and catch because i know that cedar is a deep lake and i dont want to have to fish very deep because i would be going in the beginning of july next year.

Thanks

Cedar would be better for bigger pike then Farm... Farm Island would be easier for Walleyes then Cedar...And Cedar would be easier for Crappies then Farm.

In July look for Walleyes in 12-22 feet on either of these lakes on points edges, weed edges and humps.

Pike on Cedar are easy pickins with a spinnerbait in the weeds.

PCG

Lengths (in inches) Northern Pike, Test netting; Cedar Lake, Aitkin County, Mn. (1997 year)

0-5"=0 ; 6-8"=0 ; 9-11"=4 ; 12-14"=23 ; 15-19"=71 ; 20-24"=31 ; 25-29"=9 ; >29=0

Total of 138 fish netted.

[This message has been edited by Pro Crappie Guide (edited 10-29-2002).]