• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need a Big Sandy Report!

Headed up to the core of eng. campground with the kids for the weekend. Can anyone save me some time and give me a fishing report???????

No problem. I am stuck at the camp ground fishing sandy but I have did well there in july. I will give a report when I get back

------------------
"Hey Nice Rack"
www.bucketrack.com

I was at the camp ground last weekend and the fishing was really poor! I will also be up there this weekend with my wife and my parents. If your looking to catch some panfish I would make your way up to Aitkin Lake and try in around 7-10 ft of water next to some lilly pads, and fish with leeches or worms. The sunnies are HUGE if you can find them. Do me a favor come back here when you get back and let me know how you did!

HWD

Hollywood,
Did most of my fishing on Sat. since the rain blew most of us out on sunday. Ended up with 10 eye's between 15-17 inches, perch and rock bass up the ying yang, 6-7 small pike and one big ol ugly dog fish. All of our fish were on the north side of the lake in 6 ft of water right on the weedline break. Our best fishing was in the morning. Marked alot of fish out in 15-18 ft but could not get a bite out there. The storm that borderd us sat. night was ugly! How did you do?

------------------
"Hey Nice Rack"
www.bucketrack.com

Sand burr-
Sounds like you have a good fishing day on Saturday. We actually only fished Aitkin Lake, we caught a lot of big Sunnies. I caught one (punkinseed) that was 1.4 lbs, I couldn't even get my hand around it. We also caught a couple small northerns, and three largemouth bass next to the weeds in like you said around 7 ft of water, next to the edge of the weeds. Well, I'll be up there again this weekend, so wish me luck!

HWD

Sand burr-
Sounds like you have a good fishing day on Saturday. We actually only fished Aitkin Lake, we caught a lot of big Sunnies. I caught one (punkinseed) that was 1.4 lbs, I couldn't even get my hand around it. We also caught a couple small northerns, and three largemouth bass next to the weeds in like you said around 7 ft of water, next to the edge of the weeds. Well, I'll be up there again this weekend, so wish me luck!

HWD

HWD,
Dam 3 weekends in a row at the campsite! You must of made res. a long time ago? I am trying to set something up for Aug 2 & 3. Give me a report when you get back please.

SB

------------------
"Hey Nice Rack"
www.bucketrack.com

No problem sand burr, I'll let you know.
We actually made reservation in March, sounds crazy, but that place fills up so quick.
Talk to you soon.

HWD

Fishing sucked, it rained all day on Sat. so we didn't fish a lot on Saturday. On Sunday we caught a couple sunnies, and a 2 1/2 lb largemouth bass, which was the highlight of the weekend. I'm sure the rain had a factor in it!
Hwd

HWD,
I was thinking about you when I was doging rain on sat. Lots of lightning! The panfish shut down on my local lakes also because of the storms.

I am going to try and drive up on friday and get an unreservable site for the weekend. I will post results.

------------------
"Hey Nice Rack"
www.bucketrack.com

HWD,
If I can't get a site at the cor. have you camped anywhere else around there that could be open?

------------------
"Hey Nice Rack"
www.bucketrack.com

Yep, rain lovely rain! Did end up with a broken motor and a leaky camper though. Ah what the he$$ the kids had fun. Just a note that there was plenty of unreservable sites available friday morning!

------------------
"Hey Nice Rack"
www.bucketrack.com