• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hi D-MAN

I will be competing in a catch/release Bass fishing contest in early July on Farm Island Lake. I have never been on the lake and will be starting to pre-fish. Could you give me any hints as to patterns, depth, lures etc. that have won other contests. Also what have been the winning weights for a one day tournament. Any help you or anyone else could provide will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks! Jim

Diago/ Havent really fished Farm for Bass since i don't fish Bass at all. But i can say i grew up on a lake that is near Farm and holds the same structure. I would go with top water in the pads to cover lots of water early in the morning. Then i would switch to the weedlines with a worm or pig. If they arent going on top water, throw a worm or pig in the pads. There are some good sunken islands that have to hold some big fish. PGC/ Your fishin too deep.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

Farm Island is doing good now in 6-12 feet of water on the steep breaks and inside turns of cabbage and candle stick weeds for Crappies.

A white feather jig and small minnows or a plain white marabu jig free casting works well.

Good luck and good fishing,

PCG