• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

crappies rabbit or ripple

Anybody doing any good on Ripple or East Rabbit for crappies? Or any of the area lakes for that matter. Will be fishing with my dad in a week and was looking for any friendly pointers. We have done well on Rabbit in the past, but never done too much exploring beyond Rabbit and Ripple. We have friends with a cabin on Ripple and they say they do well on crappies throughout the year. Any info. on times, lures, and even general locations would be extremely useful and appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I have continuing good luck on Ripple using white double tail soft plastic grubs with a green Weed Weasel jig head. Cast about 6 feet right into the cabbage. Pike and bass hit usually right on the edge of the weedline. Lots of 24-36 inch pike with some hammerhandles. Plus red eye rock bass. Lots of fun on 4 lb test with an ultralight. Ripple was slow however on Memorial Day. Seems the lake is about a month behind. No new weeds yet. Just a bunch of old sileage. It'll probabably be mid-June before action is really good. I fish from a float tube so do not venture too far out on the lake. I usually just fish the edge weedbeds. So I don't normally get into the crappies. But in a belly boat, those pike pull me around. It's a gas.