• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

minnewawa on opener

I'm new to the forum. My family bought a cabin on minne last summer. I would like to take my son out for his first fishing opener in May and would like any advice on where to start on the lake. We are located on the west side, south of the public landing with the bright yellow cabin and boat house. Any help with where to look and what to start out fishing with would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by GPFEIFER (edited 04-01-2002).]

I have a cabin on the point. Straight across from the public landing. I like the lake, but what do you want to go for? Crappies, Walleyes, or Northern? Sunnies are great at the end of May.
What do you want to fish for?

For opener, it would be great to hear if there are any walleye and or northern spots. Last summer, I caught a lot of nice bass under docks and about as many smaller northerns as you can stand. It was a lot of fun. Not looking for detailed secrets, but a point in the right direction. I also heard that the spring crappies can be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I have not gotten back to you. For Crappies look towards the the small weed islands before the Channel to horseshoe. As a previous post, you will find crappies. Try a small crappie minnow up a bobber.
For northerns, they are every where. Good eating size. Try the narrows on opener for these and walleyes. For walleyes try the point on as mentioned before using slip bobbers. you can also jig with a minnow at 6 feet. Try very early in the morning