• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

THANK YOU for the insight have one question is the river mouth you are talking about located by the state park or PER 65 ever try lead lining

The river i was talking about is the the state park river in bill horn bay. trolling with a leach is your best bet. crawlers will atract rockbass and bullheads. minnows will bring bite offs from northerns. in the hot summer days. i like the main lake structure. lindies are hard because of the rocks. jigs work good. use minnows on the jigs. I have never been skunked on the structure in july. and shallow water works well. use a long rope so you will drift around a bit. slip bobs work really well with a leach.

what method were you asking about, i have never herd that one.

in reply to lead line its a thin lead filament surrounded by a braided dacron sheath that changes colors every 10 yards we use it for pulling crank baits. its somewhat like wire but you dont have the unraviling and the breaking you have with wire.

I have seen and used it for trolling deep water. I havent used it much, I dont think its nessasary for sandy. i always fish in about 10 feet, and rairly use cranks for walleye. But prove me wrong, and let me know. Im always looking for an edge on old pin tooth.

Oh yea, i forgot, i did buy it for my smelt rig on tip ups in the winter. it helped get the smelt to sink. only thing, it wasnt as stong as my 20 lbs braded, but i dont catch that many giant pike, so i had no problems

just a thought if you want some good reading on lead core lining. check out fishtheriver.com it has all the insight you will ever need in the archives.